7 books that make you think
Some books stay in your memory and make you think about important things for days, weeks, months, and sometimes years. In this article, I will present such books!
List of books that make you think
Table of Contents
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, by Robert B. Cialdini
This book investigates human behavior. It explores the best strategies that you can use for persuasion.
Why do I offer this book?
1. It’s a practical book.
2. You will find real-world examples in it.
3. It’s easy to read.
4. You will get case studies that help to illustrate the concepts discussed.
5. It will improve your communication with people.
6. It’s one of those best books about the psychology of persuasion.
7. This book is very important and helps in life, work.
8. This book will make you think with your brain, not with other organs.
3 quotes from this book to understand what it is about:
1. “The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.”
2. “The idea of potential loss plays a large role in human decision making. In fact, people seem to be more motivated by the thought of losing something than by the thought of gaining something of equal value.”
3. “Nothing in life is as important as you think it is while you are thinking about it.
Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
Everyone has heard about this thought-provoking book, but only a few of those who actually read it.
“I read it,” says John, who didn’t use the advice he found in the book…
Eh… Reading is not the same thing as using…
And you, dear reader? Did you use advice from this book in daily life?
Trust me; this book will make you think more about business and productivity.
1. It challenges traditional assumptions about decision-making.
2. It offers facts about how the human mind works.
3. It’s good because it is based on studies and experiments to explain how decision-making works.
4. You will find tasks. And additionally, you will get practical examples relevant to everyday life.
Throughout the book, you will find practical examples and insights relevant to your day-to-day life.
The book’s author states that there are two systems of thinking: the intuitive, emotional “System 1” and the logical, analytical “System 2.” Use this info to improve your thinking and decision-making. And for fucking sake, take steps to do it. Question your assumptions and think more critically about how you make decisions. It’s important not only to think but also to act. Use your ideas because actions are important as well.
Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse
It’s a profound book. It’s different.
This novel tells the story of Siddhartha.
It delves into themes of self-discovery, the nature of existence, and the relationship between the material and spiritual worlds.
A book will make you think because it explores the meaning of life.
Three reasons to read Siddhartha:
1. This book explores humanity’s search for spiritual fulfillment and the human condition from an entirely new perspective.
2. Reading this book is an immersive experience due to its poetic and evocative writing style.
3. As a classic of 20th-century literature, the book has been celebrated and studied widely.
Animal Farm, by George Orwell
Animal Farm is a book that makes you think; it evokes the deepest reflections. Its story is about a group of farm animals who have overtaken the position of their owners (humans). And the created animal-ruled society perfectly conveys the corrupt nature of government and the dangers of totalitarianism.
The book shows the nuances of the Russian Revolution and the rise of Stalinism, but its ideas are also applicable to any group in a society where power is concentrated in the hands of a few individuals or groups.
The book’s main idea is that those in power sooner or later begin to exploit power for their own benefit and don’t care about harm to society. As the story progresses, the pigs in power become more and more insolent, exploiting other animals like real tyrants.
The importance of critical thinking is also remembered in the book. Propaganda and information control by pigs restrict other animals and allow them to maintain power. Meanwhile, other animals are being manipulated. The idea is expressed how important it is to question authoritative sources and to form one’s own independent opinion.
Overall, Animal Farm is definitely a good fit for books that make you think.
Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk
Fight Club is powerful art by Chuck Palahniuk. Everyone heard about it because of the movie with the same name. This film caused a lot of passion and thought. But each person understands this story differently.
Some were inspired by this book to revolution. Others… But this book is not about that. You can find more perspectives and meanings in it. You can read it vertically or horizontally. Read between the letters and you will understand.
I’m not talking about the first rule of Fight Club. There are more messages the author of this book left you.
Oh yes, this book is W I L D.
If you want to blow your mind, this book is for you!
The Art of War, by Sun Tzu
Although technology has evolved dramatically, certain things about war haven’t changed at all. So the advice the Chinese general gave in this book 2500 years ago is still relevant, and the book itself, surprisingly, is popular in the business world. It’s so because The Art of War reveals how to confuse and destroy your enemy and convince others to follow you.
This book is a great addition to the list of books that make you think. I highly recommend reading The Art of War. It’s a short book that is not written in a complicated language, and its lessons are timeless. After reading it, you will learn about planning tactics, strategy, and leadership. The information presented in the book can be applied in various situations—in everyday life, business and politics. Read and start thinking more strategically and critically.
Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl
This book is deeper than the Mariana Trench where the director of Avatar dived…
It contains the author’s (Frankl’s) personal experiences in a concentration camp.
He questions the purpose of life, and I hope it will provide you to update your own beliefs and values. In addition, the book offers many practical insights on how to find meaning in even the worst situations. This book is a testament to the resilience of the human spirit. It’s a classic work that leaves a lasting impression on the reader’s memory.
Here are some good reasons to read this wonderful book:
– Throughout the book, the author illustrates the human experience of suffering and the power of the human spirit to triumph over it.
– This book provides practical insights into finding meaning in difficult circumstances.
– This is a testament to how resilient the human spirit can be. (Frankl’s story of how he survived difficult times can encourage you to keep hope and give you more strength to keep fighting.)
How to change your life in 30 days: Commitment
There’s one super important thing that I...
Why nobody wants you to become happy
“... nobody wants me to become happy,...
The tip you should follow if you want to have more time
People who have time for everything Do...
Proven Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic and Find Happiness
When I was 23, two friends dropped...
9 Books About Your Life that Will Make Your Life Better
Today I will mention 9 books That...
What does it mean to be happy with yourself, and how to reach joy?
In 2002 I played in a band....